1. Purchases using OneLife iD Website
The basis of the contract between the Purchaser and Supplier is established as follows:
- The 'Purchaser' places an online order for an OneLife iD 'User Account' and/or 'Products' by the completion of the ordering process at the point of checkout on the OneLife iD website.
- Delivery and Packaging charges may be charged and are dependent on offers in place at the time of the order.
- The 'Purchaser' will receive an order acknowledgement, detailing Products ordered. This is not an order confirmation and does not constitute an acceptance by the 'Supplier' of the 'Purchasers' order.
- Upon despatch of ‘Products’, the 'Purchaser' or their nominated ‘User’ receives an order and dispatch confirmation, included with the 'Products'. Acceptance of the order and the completion of the contract between the 'Supplier' and the 'Purchaser' take place on despatch of the Products ordered. Exceptions would include the 'Supplier' notifying the 'Purchaser' that it does not accept the order or the 'Purchaser' has cancelled their order.
1.1 Online Payments
- OneLife iD products may be purchased by ‘Purchaser’ and will be processed through the 'Suppliers' e-commerce payment system. This method of payment gives the 'Purchaser' security as the merchant service facility assumes full responsibility for the security of the 'Purchaser's' credit / debit card details.
- Processing of the acceptance of the order and the completion of the contract between the 'Supplier' and the 'Purchaser' will only take place after acceptance of the order and after the credit / debit card transaction is verified by the merchant service.
- Ordered 'Products' will normally be despatched within 5 working days of ‘Order Acknowledgement’. In respect of 'Custom orders ' i.e. products that are made to order, dispatch will normally occur within 10 working days of ‘Order Acknowledgement’.
- The total cost of the 'Purchaser's' order is the ‘Price’ of the 'User Account' registration and or 'Products' ordered plus delivery and packaging charges as indicated at the time that the 'Purchaser' orders.
- Payments can be accepted from most credit and debit cards.
- Credit/debit card payment will be processed at the time that the 'Purchaser' orders and ‘Supplier’ acknowledges the order.
- All card payments are processed by the 'Supplier's' Merchant Services Facility provider for a commission fee, which is included in the cost of the 'Purchasers' purchase.
- Delivery will be made to the address specified by the 'Purchaser' at the time of ordering and as detailed in the ‘Supplier’ ‘Order Acknowledgement’.
- Delivery of products will usually be affected within 5 working days of the date of the order confirmation email. In respect of ‘Products’ that are 'Custom' or made to order, the delivery time will be longer. The 'Supplier' shall not be liable to the 'Purchaser' for any loss resulting from delay in delivery.
- Delivery charges applicable to the 'Purchaser's' order will be indicated at purchase and at the time that the 'Purchaser' is asked to confirm their order.
4. Charging and Pricing
- Charges and Prices payable for the 'User Account' and or 'Products' ordered are detailed on the OneLife iD Website. If, mistakenly, the Charges and Prices detailed are incorrect, the 'Supplier' is not obliged to supply that product to the 'Purchaser' at the stated price, provided that the 'Supplier' notifies the 'Purchaser' prior to despatch.
- All prices stated on the Website are inclusive of VAT at the current rate.
- If due to circumstances beyond the 'Supplier's' control, ‘Prices’ have to be altered, including any variations in the rate of VAT payable the 'Purchaser' will be notified and requested to reconfirm the order at the amended ‘Price’.
5. Product Availability and Condition
- The purchase of the 'User Account' registration and or 'Products' displayed on the OneLife iD website is subject to availability and the 'Supplier' shall not be liable to the Purchaser in the event that the 'Supplier' is unable to supply 'User Account' registration and or 'Products' to the 'Purchaser'.
- In the event that a 'Product' is unavailable after ‘Order Acknowledgement’ a customer will be offered the following options:
- alternative product
- amended delivery date
- full refund
- ‘Supplier’ does not accept responsibility for ‘Individuals’ awareness, understanding or ability to access or act upon information on the ‘Products’ or ‘Service’ or within the ‘User Account’.
- Where ‘User’ is recording critical personal information or medical details ‘Supplier’ recommends the use of a combination of iD ‘products’ to aid visibility and accessibility by ‘individuals’.
- ‘User’ is responsible for ensuring that their ‘products’ are usable and readable including readability of engraved or printed information, QR code and PIN.
- If ‘User’ identifies poor readability of information, QR code and PIN within 12 months from the date of order then OneLife iD will replace the ‘Product’. Note this does not include any changes in ‘User’ details.
6.1 Scope of Services
All 'Supplier' 'services' are provided by OneLife iD. The ‘Services’ includes access to the OneLife iD website and webpages including:
- the ‘User Account’ named 'My Account' on OneLifeiD.com
- public pages for ‘Users’
6.2 Service Availability
Service availability of the OneLife iD website and ‘User Account’ will require:
- Internet access utilising an appropriate web browser
- Internet access availability – ‘Supplier’ does not guarantee the availability of internet access by the 'Purchaser's', 'User's' or ‘Individuals’ internet service provider.
- Website availability - Supplier does not guarantee availability or accessibility of 'Supplier's' website.
- QR Code Scanning/Reading - To scan or read a Quick Reference Code (QR Code) ‘User’ will require an appropriate device that could include a Smartphone with an appropriate QR reader/scanner Application etc.
6.3 Service Term and Duration
Purchasers of 'Supplier' products that can be linked to an online account are provided with access to the OneLife iD website and that account until at least 1st January 2020.
During this period, access to the 'User's' 'User Account' and public pages of the OneLife iD website, accessed by ‘Individuals’ including public, emergency services (and its members), is 'free of charge'.
After 1st January 2020 'Re-registration' administration fees may become applicable at the discretion of the 'Supplier'. 'Re-registration' ensures that the 'User Account' remains active and visible and is accessible for update and amendment by the 'User'.
6.4 Service Content
The ‘User’ is entirely responsible for the content on their ‘User Account’ and ‘Product’.
- The ‘Purchaser’ has the right to cancel their order of 'Registration' and or 'Products' up to 24 hours after the date of order of the products by contacting the 'Supplier' by email at email@example.com
- If 'Products' have been despatched to the 'Purchaser' before notification to the 'Supplier' of order cancellation, the 'Supplier' must return any 'Products' in accordance with the Returns procedure below.
- At ‘Re-registration’ ‘User’ may cancel the ‘Service’ by contacting the 'Supplier' by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If, for any reason, the 'Purchaser' needs to return 'Products' to the 'Supplier', the 'Purchaser' must do so within 28 days of the date of delivery. The following procedure for returning any product to the ‘Supplier’ is to be followed:
- Keep the product in the original packaging and in its original condition;
- Send the item to the 'Supplier' by Royal Mail registered post at the following address: OneLife iD Returns Department, Lapscombe Cottage, Smithwood Common, Nr Cranleigh, Surrey, GU6 8QX
- Please note the following points in relation to Returns.
- All 'Products' must be returned to the 'Supplier' unused and in sale condition. The 'Supplier' reserves the right to withhold refund of part or the entire ‘Price’ if the 'Product' is returned in a condition that makes it unfit for resale;
- Supplier' shall not be liable for the non-receipt of returned 'Products'.
- After receipt by the 'Supplier' of the returned 'Products', the Purchasers credit/debit card will be credited with an appropriate proportion of the ‘Price’ within 10 working days of receipt.
- Normal conditions, as defined by the ‘Distance Selling Regulations (DSR) 2000’ apply to the return of ‘Custom Orders’.
9. 'Initial OneLife iD User Account Registration'
The User's initial Account 'Registration' is as set out in the ‘Order Confirmation’. It enables purchased 'Products' to be registered via the internet on the OneLife iD User Account to establish visibility via the internet of 'User Account' information that could be used for a variety of purposes.
A 'Registered' 'User Account' will remain active for a specified period of time as set out in the ‘Terms and Conditions’ at the time of purchase or re-registration or, where applicable, as specified in the ‘Order Confirmation’. The specified 'Registration' is provided after purchase and only when the purchased ‘Products’ or ‘Services’ are activated and a 'User Account' registered on the OneLife iD system.
10. OneLife iD 're-registration' fee
When OneLife iD 'Re-registration' becomes necessary the 'User' will be notified.
The prevailing fee at the time will be charged should the 'User' wish to 'Re-register'.
The fee for 'Re-registration' is an administration fee only and is non-refundable.
Once a 'Re-registration' fee has been paid, any subsequent service or access to the OneLife iD register is free of charge for the period of ‘Re-registration’.
A single 'Re-registration' fee automatically covers all previously registered 'Products' in use by the 'User'.
It is the 'Registered Account Holder's' responsibility to ensure that their 'Registered Account' remains active.
11. Legal Notice
This Online Purchasing Policy incorporates the terms set out in the Legal Notices and acceptance by the User of the Online Purchasing Policy and shall be deemed to be an acceptance by the User of the Legal Notice.
Your Personal Information
Why do we collect your personal information?
The ‘Supplier’ collects your information for the following:
‘Purchaser’ information to process, despatch and inform the ‘Purchaser’ on ‘Supplier’ products and service. We take ‘Purchaser’ privacy very seriously and, in order for us to keep you informed about your order status and products and service, we request to hold your personal data. If you do not allow us to do this, we would be unable to inform you of your order status or of any important changes to our products or service and therefore would be unable to take your order.
‘User’ information to inform the ‘User’ on products and service and the information that the ‘User’ enters on the ‘User Account’. We take ‘User’ privacy very seriously and, in order for us to keep you informed about your products and service and to provide ‘emergency information’ via ‘User Account’ web pages we request to hold your personal data. If you do not allow us to do this, we would be unable to make your ‘emergency information’ available on the ‘User Account’ web pages and inform you of any changes to our products or service.
What information do we collect?
Typically, we collect:
- ‘Purchaser’ - When the ‘Purchaser’ orders products they provide name, email address, postal address and ‘emergency information’ for the product.
- ‘User’ name and email address. When the ‘User’ Activates their 'User Account' and uses 'My Account' to register details with OneLife iD, order 'Products' or register with us on www.onelifeid.com (the 'Website'), you will be given the opportunity to enter certain information such as your name, email address, contact telephone numbers, date of birth, images, documents, 'Products' selections and other personal data. The data in the ‘User Account’ is stored by the ‘Supplier’ but is maintained, added to or deleted by the ‘User’. The ‘Supplier’ only stores name and contact information and any ‘emergency information’ on the ‘User Account’ is managed by the ‘User’.
- You will also, by default provide information about your usage of our website (for example, the URL you came from, IP address, your browser type and the pages of our website that were viewed during your visit) ('Your Information'). This is stored anonymously and may be used for web traffic analysis.
What will we do with your personal information?
OneLife iD recognises and appreciates the importance of responsible use of information collected through the OneLife iD website.
We will use information in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016 and any other laws or regulations currently in force in the United Kingdom (the "Data Protection Legislation").
We are registered through ICO as a data controller under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016.
The information we collect, hold and process will be used for the purpose of providing you with OneLife iD services and developing our business which shall include (without limitation):
- fulfilment of a ‘Purchaser’ order
- to provide access to your personal data in the event of an emergency ‘Emergency information’ entered and maintained by the ‘User’ will be stored in the ‘User Account’. On the website, details in the public areas of 'My Account' are visible to the public when entering your unique URL.
- to verify your identity (for example when you return to the Website);
- to personalise your visits to the Website to improve the services provided to you;
- to deliver customer service and support;
- to enable you to share your content with others e.g. using the Email a friend and social network sharing functionality;
- to communicate (and personalise such communication) with you;
- carrying out web traffic analysis to measure the performance of our services and the Website.
- occasionally we may contact customers by email, post or telephone using details as provided at the time of registration or order placement. Customers are able to unsubscribe from receiving notifications from OneLife iD, by contacting us at email@example.com or using one of the "Unsubscribe" links on our emails.
Using your information to keep in touch with you
In addition to our typical processing we may use the information we hold about you in order to contact you in the following circumstances:
- to advise you of changes to our website or products
- to advise you of changes to our terms
- to advise you of any security concerns
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
- where permitted by law
How long do we hold it for?
We do not store your information for longer than is necessary to provide the service, and to ensure that we have appropriate auditable records for business purposes.
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
Orders - When you place an order, we’ll keep the personal data you give us for 10 years so we can comply with our legal and contractual obligations.
User Accounts – ‘User Account’ information will be retained for as long as you require.
User Account Deactivation - If you wish to de-activate your ‘User Account’ you contact OneLife iD and we can de-activate the account. For de-activation we hold the data you have entered to enable you to re-activate the account without the need to re-enter your personal data into the ‘User Account’.
User Account Closure - If you require OneLife iD to close your ‘User Account’ please contact OneLife iD and we’ll close the account and delete or anonymise the personal data associated with it.
Third Party Suppliers - ‘Third Parties’ hold the data only for the duration of the production of the ID products and for a maximum of 14 days
Who will we share your personal information with?
For ‘Users’ all public areas of the Website ‘User Account’ can be accessed by the public by using your unique URL e.g. www.onelifeid.com/youruniqueusernameornumber .
Your PIN protects access to details in the Emergency section of ‘My Account’. You should protect your PIN. Unless in an emergency, you should not disclose your PIN to third parties.
‘Users’ are able to maintain, add or delete data in their ‘User Account’ at any time.
Upon 'My Account' registration with OneLife iD or placement of an order on the OneLife iD website customers confirm that they do not consider any of the uses of the information described above as being a breach of any of the rights conferred under the ‘Data Protection Legislation’.
OneLife iD utilises a Merchant Services Facility and does not keep a record of credit/debit card details.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties during order manufacturing
For ‘Purchasers’ we provide your information to approved third parties engraving or printing ‘User’ personalised ID products. The Data is deleted after manufacture is complete.
OneLife iD does not provide, sell or rent your information to any third party, but reserves the right to provide aggregated anonymous data to third parties for statistical analysis. Such data is anonymous in nature and cannot be linked to any particular individuals.
We do not disclose your information to third parties without consent unless legally required to do so or where such disclosure is necessary to enable third parties who act for us to process your order. Third parties that process information, fulfill and deliver orders, process credit card payments and provide support services do so on our behalf under individual agreements.
If we use 3rd parties for running our business processes. An example of this might be that we have our emails or our website and database hosted in the cloud. Whilst these cloud providers would not typically have direct access to your information, storage is considered processing under the relevant data protection legislation.
Secure collection and storing of your information
All information that you provide to us, or we collect about you is stored on our secure servers. We understand that this includes confidential information and we have put in place a range of suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your information.
Our staff has the minimum required access to your data, and are trained to ensure that it is protected, and kept secure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We do not store your information for longer than is necessary to provide the service, and to ensure that we have appropriate auditable records for business purposes.
We employ security measures to protect customer information and personal data from being accessed by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. However, while we take all reasonable steps to protect customer information, customers accept that no Internet data transmission can be guaranteed to be secure from access by unintended recipients and customers will not hold us liable for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence.
Utilisation of cookies
In order to improve our site, we may use 'cookies' to track customer visits and to process orders. A cookie is a small amount of data that is transferred to the customer's browser by a Web server and can only be read by the server that gave it to the customer. Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. Customers can set their browser to notify them when they receive a cookie, giving them the chance to decide whether or not to accept it - please refer to the "help" menu on your browser or to the information that came with your browser software.
You have the right to request from us access to your own personal information. This is sometimes known as a 'subject access request'. Additionally, you have the right to request from us:
- that any inaccurate information we hold about you is corrected
- that information about you is deleted in certain situations
- that we stop using your personal information for certain purposes
- that your ‘user’ and ‘user account’ information is provided to you in a portable format
- that decisions about you are not made by wholly automated means
Many of the rights listed above are limited to certain defined circumstances and we may not always be able to comply with your request. We will tell you if this is the case.
You also have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for direct marketing. We will inform you if we intend to use your information for this purpose. You can exercise your right to prevent us using your information in this way by contacting us at OneLife iD Ltd, Lapscombe Cottage, Smithwood Common, Cranleigh, GU6 8QX or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you choose to make a request to us to exercise any of these rights, we will aim to respond to you as soon as we reasonably can but no later than one month. We will not charge a fee for dealing with any reasonable request.
If you are unhappy with how we are using your personal information or if you wish to complain about how we have handled a request, then please contact Craig Wilson, Director and we will try to resolve your concerns.
You also have the right to complain to your local Data Protection Authority and a full list can be found here
Changes to this privacy notice
Law and Jurisdiction
This privacy information notice is subject to the laws of England, and the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. If you are domiciled in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland it can be enforced in your local court system.
Get in touch
OneLife iD Ltd, Lapscombe Cottage, Smithwood Common, Cranleigh, GU6 8QX